Adult Day Care and Wellness Monitoring
Adult Day Care Services
Adult Day Centers provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment for adults who need assistance with daily living skills. Our adult day care program helps families maintain loved ones in their homes, enhances the physical, mental and emotional well-being of elders and their caregivers, provides family caregivers respite from caregiving 24 hours per day, and prevents and/or remedies neglect or abuse.
Adult day care gives the family members break time from taking care of their elderly loved ones. Also, the times spent in day care are essential to the adult senior because they are getting health service, therapeutic services, and social activities during their eight-hour stay. Furthermore, Park Creek gives the family an alternative regarding Long Term Care service for their elderly loved ones.
There are many benefits for using our adult day care center. First and foremost, it gives the family a break to be able to work and care for their own family. In addition, in the day care itself, the adult seniors are complemented with supervised care, small group activity, nutritious meals, nursing care, social interactions and recreational and exercise activities.
Adult day care centers are great way to care for elderly love ones and still be able to have time to manage our own daily lives. It’s like dropping the kids off at the day care center. They will be there at the end of the day to take home and spend time with.
Park Creek Center offers all the comforts of home coupled with the supportive and nurturing environment that you expect. Licensed nurses and resident care assistants strive to know each resident on a personal basis. This allows them to anticipate and identify changing needs and the overall health condition of each person. All personal care needs are delivered on an individual basis with the resident’s comfort and privacy assured. Services can be easily adjusted to meet the changing needs of residents within the continued comfort of their own suite.
At Park Creek you have a choice. You may continue to see your current primary care physician or you may choose a physician who provides in-house visits. Our nursing staff can assist you in making arrangements to see the physician of your choice.
In addition to your primary care physicians, Park Creek makes available the services of a visiting physician as well as a podiatrist who visits monthly.
Licensed Nurses are on duty 24 hours each day to assist with your medical needs. They are prepared to enhance your independence in many ways including:
· Medication Assistance and Oversight
· Assisting in the coordination and delivery of personal care services
· Monitoring Vital Signs
· Wellness Counseling
· Coordinating physician appointments
Medication Monitoring Options
At Park Creek residents choose from three distinct levels of medication assistance.
Self – Administration of Medications
· This option is for those residents capable of managing medications unassisted by the professional nursing staff.
Assistance with Self-Administration of Medications
· This option may be provided to residents who request assistance, or who require assistance as determined by the attending physician and the Director of Nursing.
· This may include reminding the resident when to take medications, providing assistance in opening containers, and providing oversight to ensure the resident follows the prescription directions.
Administration of Medications
· This option includes the administration of all medications by the licensed nursing staff as prescribed by the physician. The nursing staff will also order, securely store, and manage all medications as ordered by the physician.